Project Page (Portfolio) – Open to New page to display details of the project

Home Forums Bistro Project Page (Portfolio) – Open to New page to display details of the project

This topic contains 2 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  kbrickster 3 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

kbrickster
    Participant

I would like that when a Portfolio Image is clicked that a new page is opened and the details of the project in text and more images display similar to a standard blog page. However in the Projects Section on the left under the specific Project, it states the following:

Project link
    Add an URL here to make this project link to another page (internal or external). Leave it empty and it will default to its own page.

So when I leave it empty and it goes to open /projects/”project page name”/ I get a an OOPS THAT PAGE CANNOT BE FOUND ERROR. So does this mean that I must create a Page in the Pages section then in the specific Projects Page details enter a URL to link to the Page in Pages?

I want its own page and am trying to figure out how to make it open to a new page where I can enter text and images and make it look like a news story.

Thanks!

kbrickster
    Participant

Thanks for your reply it worked. Just a few more questions on the Projects (portfolio) and I’ll be good to go.

1. When I change the Project Image to a Book cover, the hover shape does not change and is still the original shape from the demo image. Is there a way to change this?

2. When I click on the image and go to the Projects page (http://bricklinvehicles.com/projects/los-angeles-dodgers/), it looks like a blog post. I would rather have a Page – Can I change the look and feel for this page view? If not can I remove the social media buttons and make other changes to this layout?

Thanks!
    Kevin

kbrickster
    Participant

I’ve now update my website with images I would like to use in the Portfolio.

1. I would like to reduce the display size – make smaller about 15% – which I can do in photoshop – however when I do the hover colored overlay does not change size. How can I change the hover colored overlay to change to match the size of the covers.

2. Can you change the type of grid used to display the images? What if I had different size (portrait and landscape images) for example?

http://www.bricklinvehicles.com

Thanks!
    Kevin

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.