We're looking for a WordPress developer who can help us develop new themes (from HTML), as well as maintain (including bug fixes) and improve (adding new features) existing ones.
This is a remote position, meaning you can work from anywhere in the world. So long as you get the work done, that's what matters.
- Advanced knowledge of PHP and WordPress
- Experience in developing WordPress themes, preferably for public release
- Experience coding theme options using the WordPress Customizer (the more advanced your knowledge of the possiblities enabled by the Customizer, the better)
- Experience with SiteOrigin Page Builder integration and coding custom widgets for this
- Ability to write custom WordPress plugins
- Good English
Bonus points if you have experience developing themes for ThemeForest or an independent theme shop, and/or the WordPress.org theme repository.
What You'll Be Doing
- Theme development
- Turning HTML templates into fully functional WordPress themes complete with theme options using the Customizer and integration with a page builder (probably SiteOrigin) plus custom widgets for this
- Fixing bugs in themes
- Adding features to themes
- Making sure themes are compatible with the latest version of WordPress
How to Apply
You can either send an email with a message about your experience, skills and motivation, a link to your website/portfolio and a CV to charlie[at]athemes.com, or use the form below. I look forward to hearing from you!